Just like your natural hair, it requires attention. Leaving it unwashed for a long period of time will only make it worse. So, on that note, Get to washing! And if for some reason you're too lazy to wash it, we do offer a wig revamp service. See site for more details.
Below, I made a list of guidelines that will ensure your hair stays vibrant and flawless. These are the steps I personally use to care for my own wigs and extensions.
How To Clean Your Hair
- Soak for 5 minutes in a solution of cold water and a capful of shampoo. Rinse. Apply sulphate free conditioner (Silicon mix, or Silicon Bambu).
- Swirl gently without rubbing or wringing. Brush from ends to roots to remove any tangles if any. I recommend brushing your units upside down.
- Rinse thoroughly in cool water and turn right side out again.
While Your Wig Is Still Wet
- Do not rub, wring, twist, or comb.
- Place on wig stand (available online for purchase) or you can use our new and improved (wig hangers) for longer wigs. (Avoid using a Styrofoam styling head or canva heads when wig is wet, as the cap may stretch).
- Allow to air dry at room temperature.
- Remember, never use a blow dryer to dry a wig!
Brush, comb, pick or finger-style into your desired look. For curly styles, finger-style it or use a wide tooth comb.
When brushing a human hair style, start at the ends and gently work your way to the roots. ALWAYS use a heat protectant oil or spray when applying heat.
Do not use oil based products everyday. This will leave your hair dry overtime.
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM/FACEBOOK